Free School Meals
Since the Government's introduction of f, along with the London Mayor’s funding, all children This is vital support for families facing a cost of living crisis, and will ensure that primary school children get at least one nutritious meal a day.
Pupil premium is another strand of funding which was introduced in April 2011 and is allocated to schools to work with pupils who have been registered for free school meals at any point in the last six years (known as ‘Ever 6 FSM’). There is also an allocation for children who are “Looked After”, adopted or children of service personnel. We do encourage parents to apply if they think they may be eligible, even if they do not need to claim a free meal, in order for their child to get the extra funding, £1,455 per year.
A child may be eligible to receive the Pupil Premium Grant/Free School Meals if the parent receives of the following
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children under the compulsory school age who are in full time education may also be able to get Pupil Premium Grant/Free School Meals.
Currently parents whose children are eligible for free school meals also receive a supermarket voucher from Bexley Council to cover the cost of their child's lunches during the school holidays. Other schemes are also available for eligible children to attend a variety of clubs during the school holidays.
It is very easy for parents and carers to check whether you're eligible for free school meals. You can apply on line at: https://pps.lgfl.org.uk/ alternatively the school can submit an application on your behalf. Please contact the school office for assistance with applying.