Since September 2013 each school receives extra sports funding through Sports Pupil Premium.
2014/15 Sports Premium allocation: £8940
2015/16 Sports Premium allocation: £8960
How the funding is being spent
- Continual support from sports networks Bexley School Sports Partnership and Youth Sports Trust
- Purchase of new PE and sport equipment for both key stages
- Training for NQT and Year 3 teachers on delivering outstanding PE
- Continue CPD for PE leader
- Hockey specialist for Year 4 PE curriculum
- Qualified coach running Hockey after school club for KS2. Children are learning and improving skills with a view to competing against other schools.
- Release time for PE leader to carry out PE learning walks in all Year groups
- PE specialist to model/support NQT and Year 3 teacher
- PE specialist to model/support teachers in both Key Stages
- Set up new after school clubs for table tennis and Hi 5 Netball
- Staff training for assessing without levels
- Specialist training on athletics for both key stages
- Year 4 teacher and Play Leader to attend Outdoor and Adventurous Activities training with a view to introducing these activities during lunchtime
- 1 KS1 and 1 KS2 teacher to attend Creative Dance course
- Continue to run inter house competitions for pupils of all ages
- Qualified football coach to train the Northwood football team
- Qualified coach to run an after-school football club across both Key Stages
- An opportunity for children in KS2 to develop and improve their swimming skills through the use of the new mobile swimming pool at Sporting Club Thamesmead
Happening now and future plans:
- Release time for PE leader to observe Year 2 games and gymnastics lessons provided by PE specialist.
- Continued CPD for PE leader
- Continued support from Bexley School Sports Partnership
- NQT and Year 1 teacher to observe PE leader in dance and games
- Staff training for gymnastics, dance and athletics
- PE leader to run Health Awareness Assemblies including Rights Respecting Values for both Key Stages
- Dance specialist to model lessons in ALL year groups based on class topic
- Year 5 teacher and 1 teaching assistant to attend British Orienteering Teaching Orienteering Course
- Year 2 teacher and 1 teaching assistant to attend Creative Dance course
- 3 KS2 teachers to attend practical athletics course
- Class R and Year 1 teacher to attend gymnastic course.
- Football Club for Years 1 to 4 run by a qualified football coach.
Please take a look at the PE/Sport page under the Curriculum tab for news and photos of PE at Northwood.