Northwood Primary School has now become an Eco-School.
What is an Eco-School?
Eco-Schools is an international award programme that guides schools on their sustainable journey, providing a simple framework to help make sustainability an integral part of school life. Eco-Schools can help enhance the curriculum and get the whole school united behind something important.
Eco-Schools create green behaviours in young people and those connected to them so that good habits learned in schools are followed through into homes and communities.
We will be working towards achieving our first Eco-Schools award which is Bronze and will be the first step we take in our journey to becoming a Green Flag Eco-school; improving both our school and the local community.
Our newly founded Eco-committee will be the driving force behind our Eco-school work. They will work towards:
- Ensuring that the whole school is aware of the Eco-Schools programme
- Taking the lead in carrying out the Environmental Review
- Ensuring that everyone in the school community is represented in the decision-making process (as far as possible)
- Providing a link between pupils, teachers, senior management team, governors and the whole school community
- Taking the lead in delivering the Eco-Schools Action Plan